Terri and Anton’s sophisticated Plett winelands celebration saw their nearest and dearest feast on long candlelit tables under beautiful hanging greenery and white hydrangeas. We chatted to the happy couple about their big day, the standout moments and their wedding planning tips.
HOW DID YOU MEET? AND THE PROPOSAL?
We were at the same high school but we hardly knew each other. After school, we happened to be travelling in Greece at the same time, where suddenly a little romance bloomed. Eight years later, we found ourselves in Polignano a Mare, a small coastal town in Italy, where Anton asked me to marry him.
WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE KAY AND MONTY AS YOUR VENUE?
Plett holds a very special place in our hearts and we always wanted to get married there. When we were searching for venues, we came across Kay and Monty (mid-construction, in fact) and we fell in love with the space and the views.
WHAT WAS YOUR WEDDING STYLE?
We wanted a rustic and earthy style to resonate with the venue. Our décor consisted of hanging greenery installations suspended above long candlelit tables. It all looked so perfect and romantic in the dimly-lit barn.
TELL US ABOUT THE BIG DAY?
It was truly magical! Our ceremony was on the deck overlooking the water at sunset. This was followed by hours of dancing, eating, drinking and singing, surrounded by family and our closest friends!
A few standout moments – coming down the stairs in my wedding dress, seeing my groom for the first time on our wedding day, seeing all our guests who had travelled to be with us, taking a few moments with my new husband to step outside of the chaos, look in, and appreciate what was happening around us and for us.
YOUR TOP THREE WEDDING PLANNING TIPS?
1. Don’t sweat the small stuff – it is so easy to become consumed with every detail, some of which will have little impact on the day!
2. Don’t be shy to ask friends and family for help, especially from friends who have just planned their own weddings. Taking it all upon yourself is extremely stressful, and most of the time when people offer to help you, they genuinely would like to!
3. Do your best to be as organised and as ready as possible a week before the wedding. This will give you the time to enjoy the build-up with your special people!
ANY SERVICE PROVIDERS THAT YOU WOULD ESPECIALLY LIKE TO RECOMMEND?
– Flowers: Pippa’s Flowers
– Photography: John Armstrong
– Tent: Events and Tents
– Hair: Sassi Hair & Beauty
– Make-up: The Art of Makeup